Friday, June 12, 2009
Medical benefits of Wudu
Medical benefits of Wudu
“O believers! When you prepare for prayer, wash your faces and your hands to the elbows; and Rub your heads and your feet to the ankles. If you are in a state of ceremonial impurity, bathe your whole body. But if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes from offices of nature, or you have been in contact with women, and you find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands, God does not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete his favor to you, so that you may be grateful.” (Chapter 5, Verse 6)
Homonculus (Homonculus, a sensory map of your body) means a tiny man within man, which controls him.
1-The mapping is not in the order like head, face, trunk, hands, foot etc, but according to the spinal enervation. So is the order in the Wudu
2. Mouth is rinsed first and the face is washed later. This is exactly the sequence the homunculus shows.
3. Again, instead of rubbing head along with the face, hands and forearms are washed first and then head is rubbed. This again is according to the sequence shown in the map.
4. In Wudu, first, hands are washed followed by wrist, forearm and elbow. Homonculus again depicts the same sequence, not from elbow to hand.
5.80% of Homunculus, the mini-man controlling the man from inside the brain gets activated.
6. It helps in countering the skin cancers.
7. The recurrent washing of the skin and the removal of sweat, dust and other chemicals will also decrease the chances of infective and allergic disorders of the skin. These include furuncles, pyomas, deep-seated abscesses, rashes, allergic dermatitis, etc.
8. Oral Hygiene is another important result of the Wudu. The rinsing of the mouth and the brushing of teeth (miswak) are sure to cause a substantial decrease in all the diseases of the mouth, teeth and gums. The Prophet said: "If I had not thought this to be an unbearable hardship for my followers I would have prescribed the use of Miswak before every prayer." (Bukhari, Muslim)”. It was narrated by the Lady Aisha (RA) that the Prophet (SA) said; "Miswak is purification of mouth and gratification to the Lord."
9. Wudu has also a very direct relationship with the practice of Istanja, a process in which genitals are washed after urinating. If the drops of urine remain on the body, it signals an impurity, which must be removed as a precondition for the Wudu
nThere is a direct link between Istanja habits and the urinary tract Infections. UTI’s can be prevented with istanja.